HUDSON TOWN HALL VISITOR CENTER & FIRE MUSEUM NOW OPEN
Maintaining the Second Floor’s operation and function of the City of Hudson Council Chamber and administrative offices, the First Floor of Hudson’s historic 1879 Town Hall was renovated into three specific spaces, each with their own distinct purpose and use: an enhanced Public Lobby with new public restrooms, circulation and access; Destination Hudson Visitor Center and Education Center; and the Hudson Fire Museum and Historic Education Society. The overall focus is to enhance the image of the City of Hudson and the Town Hall with historically appropriate uses, multi-organizational partnerships and accommodate current community needs that will benefit the City and its citizens as well as visitors to Hudson.
This highly visible, historically appropriate building and location is the perfect backdrop for the shared vision and collaborative partnership of public/private partnership and allows for an exciting adaptive-reuse of the previously unused portion of the Town Hall. Turning the original 1896 Fire Station portion of the building “back” into a fire museum and historic education center, while creating a permanent home for the Visitor Center, represents the best of both worlds.