CANTON, OHIO, USA
Designed in 1949 by renowned Cleveland architect Robert Little this total renovation demonstrates the current owners commitment to the homes modernist roots and sustainable values. The original low slope roof was removed and elevated by new exposed steel structure affording second floor spaces ample air and light. The first floor plate remains intact yet has been reconfigured to accommodate the current owners lifestyle.
Extant stone and steelwork has been preserved, along with the original heated concrete floors in the house. New railing, siding and structural steel has been carefully detailed so as to respect the spirit of craft expressed in the 1949 work of Robert Little.